Weigh in Saturday - March 20, 2010

Drum roll please.....today was my first weigh in at Weight Watchers and I am happy to report that I lost 4 pounds today. I was excited for the loss, but more importantly proud that I was on plan the entire week. It was not an easy week at all and because of it I only focused on following the WW plan and didn't exercise. It was overwhelming trying to track and plan, but I believe that is expected during the first week, maybe the first couple of weeks. All in all it was a good week.

Today's meeting subject was geared around portion control. It was something I definitely needed as there was some hidden things I was doing that was talked about today. One of those items was just writing down what I eat instead of adding a value to it...for instance, if I ate a piece of cake, I would write down only cake and not whether it was an entire cake, a slice of cake or a sliver of cake. I need to hold myself more accountable in being a tad more detailed in my tracking. I think this will be beneficial if I ever had to go back look over my tracker to see what I ate on a successful week. I will plan this week to do a better job at tracking more detailed.

This upcoming week I will be focusing on getting more veggies in. Last week for my healthy guidelines I ate more fruit than veggies. While this is okay and I was on plan, I would like to eat more veggies as veggies have a great amount of awards in eating them. They also have more fiber than fruit. Nothing major to tweak, but this is something I want to focus on. I will also attend the gym 3 times this week. If I attend it more than the 3 days, all the better, but my goal is three days. I believe that is very doable.

Here is to an awesome week, I hope your upcoming week was better then this past week.



4 Response to "Weigh in Saturday - March 20, 2010"

  1. Honey B. says:
    March 20, 2010 at 10:25 PM

    Well done!! Good thoughts with the tracking...in my first week, just the concept of tracking was unbelievable...lol

  2. Jess says:
    March 21, 2010 at 3:07 PM

    Yay, good job with the loss and tracking! My food log is pretty detailed (I weigh most things, unless it's in REALLY small quantities) and I think it helps.

    Enjoy the gym! Find something that you love to do and REALLY love it. That way it won't feel like a chore.

    And veggies. I love veggies but I never eat them just steamed. I think that's boring. There's so many cool things you can do with veggies. Bake, stuff, stir-fry, saute, make a pesto sauce. Try it :D

  3. Cheryl S. says:
    March 23, 2010 at 2:57 PM

    Nice job!! One step at a time! I have never tracked my food before now and I find it soooo helpful also. Also, wanted you to know that I awarded you two blogger awards today, you can check them out on my blog right now at http://losingmybehind.blogspot.com!

  4. I Shall Lose says:
    March 23, 2010 at 7:36 PM

    Thank you all so much.

    Wow, Cheryl, thank you. I will definitely be passing the awards on.

Post a Comment